Thursday, March 6, 2014

No matter how small....


Photo: "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." -Ralph Waldo Emerson #kindnessOne day at church I was sitting in Sunday school and I felt very strongly that I needed to say hello to a fellow sister in my ward and see how she was doing. After the meeting I went to her and did so...at first she didn't say anything back and then broke down into tears. I didn't know how to respond but as I listened to her this is what she told me. She told me that she had been praying so hard for someone anyone to come and talk to her. She had just moved into the ward and was one of the only mothers in our ward so she hadn't been able to focus on making friends right away because she was focused on her son. But she wanted to make friends so badly and told me that I had answered her prayers. I was in shock and didn't expect such a response because all I said was hello. I learned a great lesson from a simple but touching experience, a small act of kindness goes a long way and if we listen to the Spirit giving us promptings we will all make a lot of differences in our brother's and sister's lives.