Monday, February 17, 2014

Enjoying the time...

Like I said yesterday Brandon and I were able to come to Butte, MT to visit his grandparents and today was just so relaxing. We all slept in, went to lunch and took a long drive to look at the beauty around us...and the elk...we've got a lot of hunters in the family haha. But it was so nice to be able to drive together and spend that time with one another. There was no rush, there was no worry...just time to spend. And it's funny to me because I'm always going going going, doing this doing that, me and Brandon and almost everyone I know lives a lifestyle like that and to be honest I kind of thrive off of that, however when life is like that I feel like I forget to enjoy life to a fuller extent. Not all the time but some of the time. And it's moments like today where there is no rush, no distractions, no worries...just time in building our relationships with one another. It was so great. And even at dinner we were talking about how fast time goes by, even just day to day...it's flying by. One of the signs of the second coming of Christ is that time will go by faster so it shouldn't be a shock to anyone however now that time is going faster we need to make a conscious effort to spend our time wisely and by doing those things that matter most. There are so many things to distract us in this world today and there not all bad things, but we need to remember to have moderation in all things. Shoot me I loooooove junk food, sweets in particular and I love watching movies. I'll be honest there are some days I'll watch a few movies a day because I like to have them on while I'm doing different things around the house but man I could be listening to talks, or music or talking on the phone with a family member or friend I haven't talked to in a while. Because are these movies going to build relationships for me? Nope. Are these movies going to help me become a better person? Maybe, the Blind Side really choked me up and motivated to be a better person...but there are other things that will help me be a better person with a long-term impact rather than helping me get excited about it in the moment.  So that is definitely something I need to work on. But at least I realize I have a problem with that and there are soooo many things that we all could be doing that distract us or are taking us away from things that really matter but if we at least recognize that they are distractions then that's a start to improvement. Earl Nightingale is an amazing man and motivational speaker. He talks a lot about goals, attitude, and spending your time wisely. We have a whole 24 hrs. and we only use 7-9 for sleep...that leaves 15 left in the day. Say you have an 8 hr work day or even 10 hrs...that still leaves 5-7 hrs....that's quite a bit of time. How do you spend that time? He just points out some great points and really gets you thinking. I encourage everyone to think about that because time is precious and it is taken for granted all the time. I'm guilty! But with a conscious effort time won't be a hassle or something "to beat" but something we cherish.